The Neon Pagoda
Tao is the enforcer for The Neon Pagoda, the institute/organization that upholds Giri. When someone needs debts owed to them taken care of, this task falls to Tao.
The Neon Pagoda is unique because a prosperous marketplace, largely self-governing, has grown up around it.
The Neon Pagoda is revered because it is ingrained in society
Features of the surroundings and atmosphere of The Neon Pagoda:
- A tranquil dojo
- Personal liberty
- An impression of peace
Choose 3–5 circumstances that generate Giri in society and the penalties for breaking them.
- If they offer you comfort.
- If you offend someone’s honor.
- If you make a mistake that harms another.
- When you give someone a possession with no cred exchanged
- When a mutual agreement is broken.
You didn’t create these penalties for breaking Giri but it is your responsibility to enforce them:
- Punitive violence
- Penance involving sacrifice